**Most of this blog is for girls only! Any boys, please only read the posts linked to in the "For Boys" page on the sidebar. Thank you.**

Sunday 9 August 2015

Why I Don't Have Instagram



Ah, Instagram.

As the title suggests, I don't have it. That doesn't mean I don't use it though. I do look at the pictures of my friends. Some have jokingly protested that I should just get Insta, so it looks less like stalking. Fair enough. *cough* Entirely *cough* false, though. I would *cough* never stalk. *cough cough* :P Anyway, despite the 'pressures,' I do have my reasons for not having Insta. Here they are.

  1. I'm distracted enough already. No, I don't have Insta. Or Facebook. Or Twitter. But I have email. And what I 'Christian Facebook' - Revive. And I follow a few dozen blogs. And so on. Honestly, I struggle enough with distractions, and I know me well enough to know that getting Insta would only lead to further distractions. And I consume enough media already without adding something else potentially harmful and unnecessary, at least just yet. 
  2. It would encourage my pride and selfishness. First thing I have to say is, this is just about me! I'm NOT commending anyone here. That aside, I am going to say, I think that having Instagram would bolster my pride and selfishness, the very things I struggle daily with. It would... highlight my achievements, my beauty, my skills, my life, my ministry. Sure, I'd caption with the obligatory Bible verses and praise God, but I think deep in my heart it would foster me-centredness. I don't want that. Honestly, I've got enough to worry about without adding to struggles.
  3. I don't have an iPhone. This is an entirely practical point. I don't have an smartphone, or even an iPod touch any more. And there's not much insta about downloading pics from my DSLR, editing them, and then posting them from my computer. I'd do that, sure, but if I got it I'd like to be able to actually post things like grainy campfire shots and the crazy sign I saw and my messy desk. Etc.


Gosh, this was meant to be a light-hearted post, and I feel like I've turned it into a school assignment on persuasive writing. :/ Honestly, I'm not trying to persuade anyone. If I do, cool, but I'm also cool with others choosing to use Insta! And I'll probably get it at some point. (Maybe when I travel Europe - jks, I wish. :P) I just don't need it yet. I don't want it yet, and there are reasons behind that. And there let the issue lie for now. :P 


Cassie xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. I don't have Instagram either. I have considered getting it cause I have/had a lot of friends who have it but then I don't really want a ton of pictures of me making a duck face all over the Internet for the world to see. I don't know if I will never have it but right now I am going to stay away from it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Laini! Thanks for dropping by! Haha, yeh, I totally get ya. Though not all Insta posts *have* to be duck-faces... :P But yep, I'm with you, I'm holding off for the moment. :)

      Delete

Hi all! Thanks for visiting! I'd absoloutly LOVE it if you would leave a comment, especially if you live outside Australia, I'd love to know that people in other countries enjoy my blog!!
Please be careful about what you say. Thanks!