**Most of this blog is for girls only! Any boys, please only read the posts linked to in the "For Boys" page on the sidebar. Thank you.**

Saturday 22 November 2014

Lessons, joys and more // Week 1



 Once a week I hope to start posting these little logs of the lessons God has taught me this week, and the joys (big and little) that He has given me. I know I find it encouraging when I see other bloggers sharing the blessings of the past week/month/whenever. They point me to the wonderfulness of Christ. So here's this week's.

Lessons and reminders:
 ~ The ultimate reason for marriage is because the two can serve Christ better together than apart. 
 ~ Service to Christ is the ultimate reason for being alive, and the only worthy pursuit in this world.
 ~ Today I am called to singleness. Never mind the future. Today it is my calling.
 ~ My happiness is the wrong motive for being pure. A response to Christ's sacrifice is the right             motive.
 ~ If I have to 'disconnect' from my relationship with Christ to do an activity (i.e. watch a movie, have     'me' time) it does not belong in my life.
 ~ Am I spending my time to glorify God? (Oh boy, this one is a constant trip-up for me. :/)


Joys:
 ~ A grandfather who doesn't constantly writhe around from his Parkinson's disease (this is the result       of a wonderful operation).
 ~ Smelling a newly open packet of TimTams. (You guys living in countries devoid of TimTams are       sorely deprived.)
 ~ Work feeling like family for the first time.
 ~ Boys (a friend and a brother) fixing all my problems (or at least trying their best).
 ~ Encouraging, challenging, phone call with one of my best friends who I haven't caught up with in       too long.
 ~  Hilarious practice of a short play.
 ~ Absolutely, utterly gorgeous instrumental music (discovered Dustin O'Halloran!).
 ~ Siblings talking about Bach, and Beethoven, and Vivaldi.
 ~ Free Christmas album from one of my favourite bands! (Sleeping at Last.)
 ~ Getting into the Christmas spirit via carols (call me early, I don't care. Really, Christian Christmas     carols should be all-year-round, I think). 
 ~ Laughing over old scrapbooks with a dear friend.
 ~ Red cordial. 
 ~ Hidden Christian themes in "The Truman Show."
 ~ Free simulcasts from Leslie Ludy.


Why don't you leave a comment below with some things God has blessed you with or taught you this week? I'd love to hear them!

Cassie xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. This made me smile. SO thankful for the miracle of your grandfather this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It gave me so much joy just reading this post Cassie. You are a real blessing. xo

    ReplyDelete

Hi all! Thanks for visiting! I'd absoloutly LOVE it if you would leave a comment, especially if you live outside Australia, I'd love to know that people in other countries enjoy my blog!!
Please be careful about what you say. Thanks!