**Most of this blog is for girls only! Any boys, please only read the posts linked to in the "For Boys" page on the sidebar. Thank you.**

Sunday 8 March 2015

This moment


I'm sitting on our couch in a polka-dot dress. I'm hugging a cup of delicious chai - sweet and savoury, spiced and sour - to my chest. I have my Spotify Premium set on Artist>Sleeping at Last>All Songs>Shuffle, and I'm glad I chose that. The sub-concious photographer in me is longing for an iPhone camera to take a cute picture - polka-dots dresses and purple nails and headphones and mugs go well together.
I've been wondering what to write. It's been a while since I've posted, but I'm not sure if there's anything in this mind of mine worth writing about at the moment. Perhaps about how the age next to my name recently bumped up a year, about how excited, how ready I feel to be older. Perhaps another 'Lesson, joys, etc' post - I've certainly been blessed beyond measure over the past few weeks. Perhaps about how God has recently called me clearly into a 'new season of the heart' - and how I have no idea what that means, what it will look like, how long it will take to enter that fully.... Perhaps I should say something about the fact that tomorrow marks a year since I found out that a friend's mum had cancer (praise the Lord she is well now). Perhaps I should share links to some posts that have encouraged/challenged me recently. I'm not sure any of these could become an entire post (well, maybe the 'Lessons, joys, etc' one could). So, I think I will just jot here some random thoughts. Perhaps they will encourage or bless someone.

I am blessed. Ever, ever so blessed.

Christianity is hard-core. If you're looking for soft soap, you won't find it here.

Friends are gorgeous. To have them give up time, money, the certainty of good seats at a concert, for me, is... such a blessing. To have them encourage me, look into my eyes and thank me for being their friend, laugh at me, with me, make silly jokes and expect me to laugh/slap them, is... amazing.

I am glad I have a big little brother to look out for me.

Paper and pen is the best way to take notes (scientifically proven, peeps).

Sometimes, it feels like everything in you is resisting having your quiet time. Overcoming that in the Lord's strength is the best feeling ever.

Bring on this year. I am gonna live.



Cassie xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all! Thanks for visiting! I'd absoloutly LOVE it if you would leave a comment, especially if you live outside Australia, I'd love to know that people in other countries enjoy my blog!!
Please be careful about what you say. Thanks!