**Most of this blog is for girls only! Any boys, please only read the posts linked to in the "For Boys" page on the sidebar. Thank you.**

Sunday 15 September 2013

Lessons in Prayer

(From http://wallpaperhdfree.com/)

Prayer: that beautiful highway of communication with God that is so often underestimated, undervalued and underused. This I have known for years, but what have I learnt recently about prayer?

That it is a connector to friends far away. Praying for them somehow brings me closer to them, unites me with them, identifies me with them.

That prayer needs to be balanced. As well as a balance between thanksgiving and petition, there needs to be a balance of who I pray for. Although it is good to consistently pray for people who I am continually reminded of each day, others should not be left out of my prayers because I am so buys lifting up others before God all the time. Also, just because family are more familiar, that is not an excuse for not praying for them. Family are just as, if not more, important than friends, and should be placed as such in my prayer life.



Two points. Only two? Two is enough for now, I think. I will learn more in the future, as God chooses to reveal them to me.



Cassie xoxoxo

1 comment:

Hi all! Thanks for visiting! I'd absoloutly LOVE it if you would leave a comment, especially if you live outside Australia, I'd love to know that people in other countries enjoy my blog!!
Please be careful about what you say. Thanks!