**Most of this blog is for girls only! Any boys, please only read the posts linked to in the "For Boys" page on the sidebar. Thank you.**

Tuesday 7 February 2012

6 simple steps to conquer your goals! {A guest post by Bri}

When you think about making a goal for yourself, what do you do?
I used to just try hard to make it happen for me. E.g. If I wanted to be more helpful around the house, I’d simply try to do that without thinking much about it. As a result I was pretty good the first day but forgot about it the second. I've been thinking about it a lot lately. I've had a lot of goals but felt too over-whelmed  to deal with any of them.
I'm going to share with you a good method for how to put your goals into practise without feeling bad about yourself, or thinking it's all too hard.
  1. Figure out exactly what your goals are and write them down.
  2.     Have a look at what you've got and number them from most important to least important.
  3.     Have a look at your most important one. Instead of looking at all of them and feeling flat. Just look at that one.
  4.     Pray about how to improve on it.
  5.     Write it down on 3 pieces of paper. Put one on your wall in your room, put one in your devotions    booklet, and the other one somewhere around the house where you're most likely to see it.
  6.       Focus on just this one for a whole week. Each night write down what you did to improve yourself. If you need more time continue with this goal. Each week try to add something else and follow these steps for it.

I used this method myself about a month ago when I was feeling bad. I wrote down everything I wanted to be and tried to improve on one each day. Along with prayer and encouragement I found myself improving quickly and so did my family.

Once your happy with how your going try setting up new goals for other people around you. E.g. I've been praying for my friend Yasmine for about 2 years. We both play basketball together. She's not a Christian. I've been hoping for an opportunity to invite her to something at church. The other week she said she was really struggling with some things. I was going to my first youth group that week. Although I wanted to go alone at first and see it how it was, I felt God tell me to invite her this week. And so I did. I got Some close friends to pray for her time at youth and hoped that somehow she would want to come again and hopefully meet some beautiful Christian people. Youth Group went well, I loved it but didn't really expect her to. That night we were talking, I asked what she thought. She told me that she was amazed that there was no fights or conflict. She said that she really enjoyed it and wanted to get to know my friends better. I asked whether she would come again this week. And she said that she wanted to come every week!!! She loved the people and wanted to learn more about what made them like that. Praise God! I encourage you to trust in God and what He can do for you.

Thanks so much for this opportunity, Cassie!

~Bri

About the girl!
My name is Bri. I'm very different. I enjoy a change. Getting my hair cut into different styles, buying weird clothes, asking everyone I meet to do an arm wrestle with them, and doing dares, are all things you'd know I do if you lived with me. Although I'm young, I strive to make a difference in our world with help of my saviour, Jesus Christ.
Please visit my Blog Diamonds and Pearls 

6 comments:

  1. oh bri, i loved this post! so helpful and encouraging...we're not going to give up on yasmine! i'm so thankful that she's interested in coming again and has been touched by our youth group! i'll continue to pray for her!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post Bri! I will try this method for my goals ( :

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Bri! A great post.

    Cassie xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Bri!
    That's a wonderful way to doing things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For anyone who reads this comment, I thought up a bible reading 'plan' lately.
    Mark a small box in on each day for the rest of this month, in your diary, planner, or calendar.
    THese stand for your bible reading/quiet times each day. Once you have completed your reading and prayer for each day, tick the box for that day. Aim to have all the boxes for the rest of February ticked off, and then look back and see how much you have grown in those few weeks. Then, you can start all over again for March. Let me know if this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks girls! Glad you liked it! Thanks again Cassie! :)

    ~Bri

    ReplyDelete

Hi all! Thanks for visiting! I'd absoloutly LOVE it if you would leave a comment, especially if you live outside Australia, I'd love to know that people in other countries enjoy my blog!!
Please be careful about what you say. Thanks!